I couldn’t get inspired this week, even tho it was the final week. The loose ends from the weekend kept haunting me – and they aren’t even my loose ends!
- Tuesday – 11875 steps or 6.7k
- Wednesday – 8765 steps or 4.8k
- Thursday – 13848 steps or 7.5k
- Friday – 9772 steps or 5.3K
- Saturday – 8361 steps or 4k
- Sunday – 9089 steps or 4.1k
- Monday – 11594 steps or 6.1k
- Tuesday – 13440 steps or 7.4k
As a group we raised $170 of our $200 target (HERE) , and personally I walked 303,771 steps or 192.4k. That meant I averaged over 10k steps a day.
Next challenge is to keep up the daily walks!
Sarah & I are into the final week of Steptember. Neither of us hit the goal consistently this week.
- Tuesday – 10005 steps or 5.5k
- Wednesday – 15693 steps or 8.9k (I went for two walks)
- Thursday – 11474 steps or 6.3k
- Friday – 6920 steps or 3.3K
- Saturday – 8332 steps or 4k
- Sunday – 7005 steps or 3.3k
- Monday – 9677 steps or 5.3k
So far, I’ve walked 207390 steps or 131.4k. I am now noticing a little shape change which is incentive to continue this on into the next month 🙂
As a team, we’re nearly at that magic $200 mark. Just a little more to go! http://bit.ly/1JuNI9k
LISTENING: Picked up an audio book that I can’t remember reading in print – JD Robb’s Indulgence in Death. Great for drowning out the routine crap at work.
READING: Planning on getting into The Fringe Hours this weekend as I’m just about finished Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. This week was potentially not the week to think about ditching survival! Since I started one change (setting the alarm half-an-hour earlier) I’ve been woken by family at least two hours earlier…sorry peeps, but there won’t be a review tomorrow.
CRAFTING: Working on Keely’s RR still (no stitching since Tuesday!) and waiting for the next Mira one to hit me. I also brought Summer Queen of someone who was destashing. I want to convert her colours from the blue to rich, adult-y pinks, kind-of like Debra Foxx did. Which leads me nicely into…
ANTICIPATING: I signed up to “16 in 16” – a facebook group based on encouragement to finish 16 WIPs in 2016. The only problem is that I don’t have 16 WIPs! But I have an excuse to start some more pieces!
CELEBRATING: 6 days in a row of little sleep but still getting to my Steptember goal. So far, that’s 117.3km walked. Pretty happy with that!
Debra Foxx Fuschia Summer Queen
changed 939 to 154
changed 924 to 902
changed color 3810 to 915
changed color 597 to 718
changed color 598 to 3608
symbol circle with dot in center 3608 & white
changed color 902 to 550
changed 915 to 552
No bead changes were made.
changed color 718 to 553
changed color 3608 to 554
It’s been a week of huge self-imposed pressure – LEARN TO SAY NO, PAULA!! – but I feel hugely rewarded.
- walking every day has increased my overall energy levels and I am more patient with the family. Am not noticing that clothes fit better yet. Hopefully that comes soon!
- the team I am managing won 28-4 – I may have mentioned that already. If so, I’m not at all sorry to repeat it. Only the one problem parent & that’s rudeness. I can cope with that.
- I finished Andie’s RR piece, the Gingerbread House from Shannon Wasilieff. She’s beading later so it is being posted to the next person today. Only 6 weeks late! I may eventually get over that.
- I made a decent start on Keely’s piece, which is oh-so-cute. I expect to have that away by next Friday as no beading is required here either.
- The posts are up on the Facebook group to remind the Ornament Exchange and Round Robin stitchers to post. Phew!
cheery cherry blossoms
Keely’s choice; Angels from XS Crazy 2012
This has been a week of up and down – the lack of a walking partner & some work pressure on Thursday/Friday meant that I didn’t hit the target those days – but I made up for it on other days. Physically I feel really good – this morning I woke for the first time at 3, it’s now 8 & I’ve been up for over three hours but I don’t feel hungover like I normally would. Can’t wait until it is light enough to walk early – roll on daylight savings!
- Tuesday – 14696 steps or 8.2k
- Wednesday – 11676 steps or 6.6k
- Thursday – 8655 steps or 4.3k
- Friday – 6468 steps or 3K
- Saturday – 11879 steps or 5.7k
- Sunday – 14616 steps or 7.5k
- Monday – 14264 steps or 8k
sculpture at the wharf
Sunday we went around the bomb point at Hobsonville Point development. When Si’s dad transferred to the RNZAF, this is where he was based. His writing is still on the wall! I also love the structure of the sculpture. Function and form.
looking back to the storehouses
front of a storehouse
Gordon’s writing on the wall
Well for today I don’t have much to show at all. I managed a few days on the wallpaper of Persephone (while bingeing on SOA). The left top corner now only needs the beads, which I will do much, much later. It’s a carrot to keep stitching along, especially as I wasn’t sure about doing the background initially.
Then one of the NZ round robins I am organising went to custard. I have picked up the two pieces that were at one person’s house and now have THREE robins I’m stitching in. Luckily I don’t have the latest Mira one yet (probably next week) but the person hadn’t stitched much on the other pieces – one is due to be posted next Friday (not even opened!) and the other was a couple of weeks ago. Part of the issue was out of her control but I’m still disappointed.
I’ve decided to work on Andi’s piece this week (in between work, rep footy and walking) – it’s a Shannon Wasilieff piece called Gingerbread Houses. It’s available in her etsy store. I found this image on Google from another blog (mylifeisinstitches.blogspot.com which now looks like it’s been abandoned).
I’m going to start the top left house & I’ll probably ignore the border – but the goal is to get a house done quick smart and off to Kathryn as soon as I can!
Well, given that the average office worker hits about 3000 steps a day, I’m nailing it. However I’m not quite at 10K a day yet.
Wednesday – 6121 steps or 2.9km
Thursday – 7547 steps or 7.2km
Friday – 14564 steps or 7.9km
Saturday – 10470 steps or 5.3km
Sunday – 17421 steps or 9.5km
Monday (yesterday, back in the office) – 9584 steps or 5.1km
Sarah & I have plotted out some longer lunchtime walks for this week & I’m looking at taking a photo of something that catches my eye every day. A good Project Life mini theme album! Yesterday we saw this:
and if you wish to donate or sponsor me, click here. NZ peeps, you’ll get a tax cert for next year’s refund. I’m very grateful for any donation, no matter how small. Email me your receipt confirmation and you’ll get a individual Christmas ornie too 🙂