Hello everyone! WIPocalypse is the monthly check-in SAL hosted by Measi on her blog, and via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers! Click on the icon to the right to learn more. If you’re a crafter, please join up either on your blog or via the Facebook group.
June is that time where we recap our stitching goals for the year.
- Complete stitching Red Skies at Night; DONE
- Stitch Autumn/Winter and Spring series from Hands On Design; NO
- Stitch couple of Sandra Cozzolino Santa’s; NO but I brought more, does that count?
- Start a second full coverage piece; NO
- Work a little bit on Fred (Tapestry Cat); NO
- Learn some new stitches. DONE, thanks to a partially completed Chatelaine.
I’ve been letting my whims take me along recently; and since the Christchurch stitch meet-up I’ve continued to expand my stitchy horizons. I’ve managed to get to one of the monthly Auckland meet-ups at Te Atatu Library (next one is 17th July, from noon, come along if you’re local & crafty); started a stitch Te Reo class (Te Reo being the Maori language, Maori being the indigenous people of New Zealand) and have brought a few more things, including a reprint of a Dimensions kit, The Finery of Nature; and two recent Mirabilias, Ophelia and Twisted Mermaids. I think I’m reaching SABLE point!
This last month I’ve worked on my Te Reo piece, E pai ana au (I am good) which is the answer to another kit, E pēhea ana koe? These are designed by Gemma Steward, @gbsneedlepoint on IG, and most of the class has completed their design, which is a great indication of how good a tutor Gemma is, as most of the class hadn’t stitched before. I’m there for the language and people.
At work, I’m reading and working on the Mill Hill Sunday Night kit, one for me and one for Louise. For only the second time, I’ve run out of a thread doing the second piece, but as it’s all DMC I’m not fussed. Home has been Un Ricarmo per Rinascere, and I’m into the bottom half of the chart. I’d like this to be done before Ophelia arrives.
I’m going to set some goals for the last half of the year:
- Complete Un Ricarmo per Rinascere (past half way mark)
- Complete Bothy “Moonlight” (not yet started)
- Complete the Chatelaine Castle I (at half way mark)
- Complete Faby Reilly Fox biscornu (at back stitch mark) ALSO find where I put that, whoops
I’m not making any buy/sell promises or goals. We all know I’m not sticking to anything there!