Hello everyone! If you follow my IG, or know me IRL, you’ll know that this week has been a bit off. Hence putting the minced garlic in the dishwasher…
Stitching wise, I’ve done something every day this month. Quite a bit was done en route or at Hospice visiting Mum, or this week at hospital again with Mum. She only managed three days at home sadly. And right now we don’t know what the immediate future will be. But it is exhausting.
I want to save the two finishes for WIPocalypse, so here’s my WIP. Elizabeth Foster designed Antique Celtic Sampler, which I’m stitching with the recommended Weeks Dye Works threads, but on my own Mottled Frost lugana (Mum chose this). Despite stitching each cross as I go, it’s still quick.
Well, it would be quick if I didn’t keep miscounting!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/ 2016 was the sixth year of the SAL, and my second year participating; let’s go for a trilogy.
January first is all about setting goals for the year, so that in early December I can go “oh crap!” LOL This year I intend to be multi-platform again, with the daily focus being on Instagram but at least the WIP Wednesday, Smalls and WIPocalypse posts here on the blog, and a monthly Flosstube. I have weekly rotation plans written in my diary to take me thru to the end of March & I will review then.
The rotation plans are loosely worked around the following:
- StitchMaynia’s monthly SAL e.g. Feb is “fandom” (I am thinking Cloudsfactory Labyrinth), March is Teresa Wentzler (Tapestry Cat). December/January has the 12 Days of Christmas, starting on Christmas day and finishing on the 6th – I will be taking my Hands On Design Christmas Chalk away with me. Mostly because I paid for the fabric (32ct!!) and I need to use it, so if it’s all I have with me I should see some progress.
- StitchMaynia’s colour SAL (this is only on the 15th of each month).
- The Never Ending Band Sampler (as my learning piece of the month).
- The Magazine SAL (as hosted by Heather; click the image to the right for more info). This piece will double as my Smalls (click on that image for more info) post as I intend to use the JCS Christmas magazines all year, especially now that I have the CD with the past issues!
- The Round Robin piece, whatever it is and whenever it arrives.
- Focus on a Finish – whatever needs completing from the above or a current WIP that is nearly there. Mermaids of the Deep will be high on that list.
I am not going to start a New Year New Mira – mostly because I am away from home and I really do have enough started. Going into 2017, I have the following starts (listed in age!!):
- TW Tapestry Cat (Dec 2006!)
- Semco Toy Story Sampler (October 2013)
- Nora Corbett Arezzo (March 2014)
- Mirabilia Persephone (May 2015)
- Nora Corbett Blitzen (as part of my reindeer parade, Rudolph started in July 2015)
- Mirabilia Mermaids of the Deep Blue (December 2015)
- Mirabilia Raven Queen (January 2016)
- Tamara Blackwork (September 2016)
- Never Ending Band Sampler
- Lavender & Lace Celtic Winter (December 2016)
Ten’s not so bad, really!