This week hasn’t been very Stitchy at all. We’ve cleared out a third of the garage (for some obnoxious reason, Si thinks we should use the garage for storing more than one of the cars) & there’s been work stress I brought home.
I have some progress on Fairy Idyll. That over one skin on her back is about two hours; I wish now I’d gone for tent stitch but it’s too fine to unpick.
And I have a new start! Those is Jenny home❤stitch❤ness Remembrance Wreath from a recent World of Cross Stitch magazine. I think the chart will be on her etsy mid year next year. It’s a fast stitch; I did the first two items in about an hour, & more at stitch group last night.
Hope you have a good week!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/ 2016 was the sixth year of the SAL, and my second year participating; let’s go for a trilogy.
January first is all about setting goals for the year, so that in early December I can go “oh crap!” LOL This year I intend to be multi-platform again, with the daily focus being on Instagram but at least the WIP Wednesday, Smalls and WIPocalypse posts here on the blog, and a monthly Flosstube. I have weekly rotation plans written in my diary to take me thru to the end of March & I will review then.
The rotation plans are loosely worked around the following:
- StitchMaynia’s monthly SAL e.g. Feb is “fandom” (I am thinking Cloudsfactory Labyrinth), March is Teresa Wentzler (Tapestry Cat). December/January has the 12 Days of Christmas, starting on Christmas day and finishing on the 6th – I will be taking my Hands On Design Christmas Chalk away with me. Mostly because I paid for the fabric (32ct!!) and I need to use it, so if it’s all I have with me I should see some progress.
- StitchMaynia’s colour SAL (this is only on the 15th of each month).
- The Never Ending Band Sampler (as my learning piece of the month).
- The Magazine SAL (as hosted by Heather; click the image to the right for more info). This piece will double as my Smalls (click on that image for more info) post as I intend to use the JCS Christmas magazines all year, especially now that I have the CD with the past issues!
- The Round Robin piece, whatever it is and whenever it arrives.
- Focus on a Finish – whatever needs completing from the above or a current WIP that is nearly there. Mermaids of the Deep will be high on that list.
I am not going to start a New Year New Mira – mostly because I am away from home and I really do have enough started. Going into 2017, I have the following starts (listed in age!!):
- TW Tapestry Cat (Dec 2006!)
- Semco Toy Story Sampler (October 2013)
- Nora Corbett Arezzo (March 2014)
- Mirabilia Persephone (May 2015)
- Nora Corbett Blitzen (as part of my reindeer parade, Rudolph started in July 2015)
- Mirabilia Mermaids of the Deep Blue (December 2015)
- Mirabilia Raven Queen (January 2016)
- Tamara Blackwork (September 2016)
- Never Ending Band Sampler
- Lavender & Lace Celtic Winter (December 2016)
Ten’s not so bad, really!