HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/ 2016 was the sixth year of the SAL, and my second year participating; let’s go for a trilogy.
January first is all about setting goals for the year, so that in early December I can go “oh crap!” LOL This year I intend to be multi-platform again, with the daily focus being on Instagram but at least the WIP Wednesday, Smalls and WIPocalypse posts here on the blog, and a monthly Flosstube. I have weekly rotation plans written in my diary to take me thru to the end of March & I will review then.
The rotation plans are loosely worked around the following:
- StitchMaynia’s monthly SAL e.g. Feb is “fandom” (I am thinking Cloudsfactory Labyrinth), March is Teresa Wentzler (Tapestry Cat). December/January has the 12 Days of Christmas, starting on Christmas day and finishing on the 6th – I will be taking my Hands On Design Christmas Chalk away with me. Mostly because I paid for the fabric (32ct!!) and I need to use it, so if it’s all I have with me I should see some progress.
- StitchMaynia’s colour SAL (this is only on the 15th of each month).
- The Never Ending Band Sampler (as my learning piece of the month).
- The Magazine SAL (as hosted by Heather; click the image to the right for more info). This piece will double as my Smalls (click on that image for more info) post as I intend to use the JCS Christmas magazines all year, especially now that I have the CD with the past issues!
- The Round Robin piece, whatever it is and whenever it arrives.
- Focus on a Finish – whatever needs completing from the above or a current WIP that is nearly there. Mermaids of the Deep will be high on that list.
I am not going to start a New Year New Mira – mostly because I am away from home and I really do have enough started. Going into 2017, I have the following starts (listed in age!!):
- TW Tapestry Cat (Dec 2006!)
- Semco Toy Story Sampler (October 2013)
- Nora Corbett Arezzo (March 2014)
- Mirabilia Persephone (May 2015)
- Nora Corbett Blitzen (as part of my reindeer parade, Rudolph started in July 2015)
- Mirabilia Mermaids of the Deep Blue (December 2015)
- Mirabilia Raven Queen (January 2016)
- Tamara Blackwork (September 2016)
- Never Ending Band Sampler
- Lavender & Lace Celtic Winter (December 2016)
Ten’s not so bad, really!
13 thoughts on “WIPocalypse begins!”
GREAT projects and your organization is amazing.
Thanks Susan! I have a job and three at home, so if it’s not written down its not important. Stitching keeps me happy, so it’s important!
what lovely projects. I’m easing in with three, as I also knit and quilt.
I can knit, but I’m useless. Happy and my tension is loose, sad and it’s tight. Oddly I can stitch in hand perfectly.
love your projects you have started and like you I opted not for a new start today, but mainly because I wasn’t close enough to my stash LOL. Can’t wait to see more progress on your WIPs
Thanks Sandy! My hubs is impressed that I don’t have a new start. I forgot to tell him that what I took away adds up to six pieces…
You have some beautiful WIPs! Can’t wait to see your progress this year.
Thanks Sara! I’d like some progress too 😂
I like all of your projects for 2017. I did start a New Year Mira at midnight, but other than that, my focus will be on finishing up about 8 WIP’s this year. Not that I won’t start a new project during the year, because I just can’t commit to that. Too many designers come out with many new things that I can’t resist. I already know that I will be Purchase Miss Christmas Eve this month, only because it is my birthday month and I get a discounted shopping spree at my LNS 🙂 I wish you all the best in the new year and that you reach all of your goals. I look forward to seeing progress on all. Happy New Year!
What did you start? I got no where with Raven Queen, I’d like to get at least the background done this year.
I started working on Nora’s Alphabet fairy “j”. I will be doing a conversion from a LNS on JOY. I will post pictures on my blog this week. I loved stitching Raven Queen.
Love how you’re organizing in a planner. Great idea. Looking forward to seeing your stitching updates.