Smalls is hosted by the lovely Heather on her blog, click here for the rules: http://stitchinglotus.ca/2017-sal/
WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/
And another month draws to a close and I got some stitching in! Mind you, it was a bit of a race for the last portions of beading on Mermaids but – I got a finish!!! My goal for the month was to finish all the stitching, but I could see the finish line and off I went.
- FFO the How to Train Your Dragon pieces for the swap & post (bookmark, needle book and small hoop). COMPLETED – but I kept the small hoop
- Finish all the stitching on MOTDB and get to the beading potion. SMASHED
- Start Julie’s RR piece (as that has arrived to me super early). NOT STARTED
- Plan what I will do for the #disneycraftswap (waiting for my partner to post her mosaic still). PLANS COMPLETE, STITCHING STARTED
- 15th – Diamonds. Beading the clear beads on MOTDB. IGNORED
- 22nd – Earth Day. Start the Mill Hill Seagull kit. COMPLETED
I also worked on a small Easter piece, the freebie Prairie Schooler chart that Kristine sent me. I chose black aida (stash!) and initially stitched it in similar colours to the original…I plan to repeat with different colours to make a basket of mini eggs.
So here’s my pieces for this month:
Question of the Month – What projects are in your UFO pile? There’s not too much in my UFO pile, to be honest. Just the one piece that I have kept the pattern & half-completed project away. I am tempted to re-start it on evenweave as it is on aida & I had become a bit of a snob but maybe I should just pull it out. If I can’t get the threads to match it might be worth a restart…apart from this, I do have Tapestry Cat at 11 years of age but as I am still working on this, I don’t think I can call it a true UFO. Just a resting WIP. And I have a few of those!
- Tapestry Cat, Dec 2006
- Toy Story Birth Sampler, Oct 2013
- Nora Corbett Arezzo, March 2014
- Mirabilia Persephone, May 2015
- Nora Corbett Reindeer, July 2015
- Mirabilia Raven Queen, Jan 2016
- Tamara blackwork, September 2016
- Lavender & Lace Celtic Winter, Dec 2016
My May goals are fairly small. I’m not going to participate in StitchMAYnia, but there are some new starts:
- Disney hoop & needlebook for new swap
- Start Julie’s round robin (if I get a finish, I will start Andromeda!)
- Finish Mill Hill Believe (about ½ done)
Lastly, I’m still in the black for Stitch From Stash. This is more good luck than management but I’ll take the win.
|Andromeda @ CountryStitch||-41.40|
|Kreinik @ RR||-27.90|
|HTTYD hoop FFO||10.00|
|PS Easter Folk Egg||5.00|
|Mermaids of the Deep Blue||59.30|
|Total Available Budget||$37.92|