Hello everyone! I hope you’re well. WIPocalypse is the monthly check-in SAL hosted by Measi on her blog, and via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers! Click on the icon to the right to learn more.
In June, I’ve completed the following stitch numbers – which would be a lot more, if it wasn’t for the Toy Car project taking up a lot of evenings:
- Coffee Quaker 106
- Celtic Winter 519
- The Guardian 1291
- Mermaid of Atlantis 3773 (two more Ultimate #magicalstitches completed & I am well into the bottom half of the design)
- Shakespeare’s Fairies 1064 (that’s the half way mark appearing!)
- Labyrinth 113 (Sir Didymus is about to appear)
Wowzers, this is 6886 stitches for the month. That’s more than last month, how did I fit that in?
I also have an FFO – my Cloudsfactory We’re All Mad Here biscornu! My first attempt, and it’s a bit lumpy & in retrospect, understuffed, but if I ever make one again, I know what to do.
- WIPocalypse One-A-Day with Coffee Quaker (also one of my remaining EC tasks of 500 stitches on a geometric) FAIL – I picked it up 3 times. Just did not have the feels for this piece at all.
- Hello May & Hello June FAIL
- Celtic Winter (the last EC task of 500 stitches) FAIL – got half way tho, so at least I did pick it up!
- Don’t spend! ACHIEVED!
- WIPocalypse One-A-Day with a twist – just stitch every day
- Hello May
- Don’t spend!
Question of the Month: How are you doing with your goals so far this year?
Goals for 2019:
- Finish SFS in the black – HALFWAY MARK ACHIEVED
- Complete & FFO the remaining monthly Hello There pieces (Mar-Nov) HMMM
- Re-start Shakespeare’s Fairies & complete one fairy ACHIEVED
- Work on Tapestry Cat, Fairy Idyll, Arezzo, Four Seasons of NZ ACHIEVED WITH A FINISH
Overall, I’m pretty happy with my progress for this year. My stress levels are well below where they could be, thanks mostly to Si’s understanding, help & affection; a bit of medication & a daily bit of “me” time. I’ve worked on every WIP that I had started, have got several finishes including Arezzo and some framing.
SFS: The one monthly goal I did achieve! No spend, no finishes but I am $17.80 in the black. Woot!