Morning everyone! Look at that, 250 posts in this series! I think that’s about the longest I’ve ever stuck with anything I didn’t give birth to, lol (excepting Si, of course).
Last week’s #magicalstitches homework was:
- Harry & Cedric touch the Cup at the same time – 200 on items that are touching. Shakespeare’s Fairies are holding hands… 204 STITCHES
- Voldemort attacks – 200 in grey or black. SF#2’s dress is grey… 206 STITCHES
- Cedric dies – 100 on a tombstone or graveyard scene. I have nothing here!
- Harry parents appear to help him – 200 on a piece you’ve had help with. Again, SF as I needed help to find the OOP chart… 225 STITCHES
- Mad Eye Moody & deceit – 200 on an ingredient in Polyjuice potion. SF again, as I used this in the Polyjuice task back in February. 207 STITCHES
- Harry donated his winnings to Fred & George for their joke shop – 100 on something that makes you laugh…think I’ll use Cloudsfactory Labyrinth… 113 STITCHES
The odd counts are because I tend not to leave a thread hanging, unless it leads to another page. That’s the half way mark on Shakespeare’s Fairies & I’m pretty excited about that. There is still a lot of Kreinik in the wings and the torso of fairy #2, but as I fold the fabric (when not working on the piece) I’m not going to stitch the sparklies until I’ve finished with the DMC. I’ve learnt my lesson there.
This week sees us move into Year Five – The Order of the Phoenix. Hooray! I’ve been looking forward to this book. It will be interesting to see how the weekly challenges match the book (the monthly are pretty spot on). This week I am working on the actual challenge, rather than the default.
- Boring neighbour – 300 on something that can get boring – I’m using Mermaid of Atlantis’ borders
- Unapproved Magic – 300 on a project that’s been suspended for 5 months or your oldest WIP – Teresa Wentzler’s Tapestry Cat certainly qualifies, as I started this in Christmas 2006!
- Dementor Attack – 300 on a project that has no faces – I thought I could do Four Seasons in NZ then suddenly realised the little sheep have one black stitch each for their head, so that won’t count. So it’s a new start, the Mill Hill Princess Carriage.
Hope you all have a good week!