I feel like a bit of a fraud really. Checking in, when I’ve only touched stitching 15 actual days in March? And not actually finished anything? However – I am still in the black for Stitch From Stash!
|Clouds Factory HTTYD||-8.00|
|DMC @ Geoff’s||-40.00|
|DMC @ Spotlight||-3.38|
|Total Available Budget||$24.12|
This month my intended focus points were:
- Back stitch & fill in the gaps on the top row of Tapestry Cat – maybe 2/3 done?
- Stitch pieces for the #dreamworkscraftswap2017 on Instagram – again, maybe 2/3 done.
Ugh. I have not stitched on anything from a magazine (sorry Heather) nor any of the colour SALs that I made intentions to participate in. I did get out to a stitching meet-up on one night (and had a blast, AND they invited me back J) and I think my bug just got up and left. I have gone to bootcamp & been so ill I was on antibiotics for a week and right now, lack enthusiasm big-time. To get myself back on the horse (so to speak) I’ve set goals a la Rahenna for April:
- FFO the How To Train Your Dragon pieces for the swap & post (bookmark, needle book and small hoop).
- Finish all the stitching on MOTDB and get to the beading potion.
- Start Julie’s RR piece (as that has arrived to me super early).
- Plan what I will do for the #disneycraftswap (waiting for my partner to post her mosaic still).
Stitch MAYnia SALs that I intend to participate in are
- 15th – Diamonds. Beading the clear beads on MOTDB.
- 22nd – Earth Day. Start the Mill Hill Seagull kit.
Question of the month: What stitchy blogs, groups, or flosstubes do you follow and why?
All the blogs I follow can be found in the sidebar. I have to say that the majority of bloggers are migrating, which is a bit of a shame, but I’m guilty here too. Instagram is my stich p*rn; there are so many that I follow over there that I am thinking that I need to cut it back, so that my feed does show who I want to see.
Groups – well, I’m now in a physical group but on FB I’m part of Stitch MAYnia; Mira Mira on the Wall; Mirabilia Nora Corbett Conversions; Upcycle Cross Stitch NZ (admin here); Round Robin Stitchers (& a couple of private groups from that); Stitch From Stash 2017a; Countrystitch Fabrics and a couple of others.
Flosstube – Oh dear, Now we get into the rabbit hole! I stitch and watch around a couple of hours a week normally & prefer to watch/listen to flosstube rather than TV right now. In no particular order I recommend (non-exhaustive list!!)
- Stitching Donna
- CoffeeStitcher (Garrett is one of the Stitch MAYnia admins)
- The Crafty Curator
- The Simple Stitcher
- Ms OhSewCrafty (Stephanie is the admin for Stitch From Stash 2017a)
- The Queen of Starts
- Emily C (the BEST vids)
- Aussie Stitcher
- Ginger Gerald Stitcher
- A Stitch Too Far (love her)
- KiwiFlowa (fellow Westie, TW and Nora fan & has adorable cats!)
- The Stash Queen (Katy is the other Stitch MAYnia admin & has a totally ridiculous WIP number, and is unashamed of that. I admire that even as I can’t get above 12!)
Sorry that I haven’t linked to any of these – but if you look in my follow list you can also subscribe to those channels and more – and mine too! Look for “Paula SewScrapMuse” – I possibly hold the record for shortest flosstube ever!