January 6 – Introduce yourself, your projects, and any goals you have for the year!
Well. This is my fifth year of WIpocalypse. It’s the most committed I’ve been to any SAL & I put that down to the pressure free, encouraging environment that Melissa hosts. If you’re a crafter, please join up either on your blog or via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers!
If you’ve not read from my blog before, I’m in my mid-40’s, a working mum to four (ranging from 24-9) & partner. I am book-mad, often found stitching & listening to podcasts or audiobooks, and I wouldn’t mind winning Lotto so that I could stay home and stitch (but I’d have to remember to buy tickets first). We own our home near the base of Auckland’s Waitakere Ranges & can often be found working on it or a friends (my partner was an engineer, he’s bloody handy with a tool belt), walking on the beach or in one of the many beautiful parks Auckland boasts. I’ve been hand stitching since before I was 10, can’t knit an even scarf or crochet to save myself and don’t often pull my machine out (altho I brought a 1940’s Singer recently, purely on impulse as I love the look). I’m a whizz at curtains.
Goals for 2019 (I only have 9 WIPs right now & that’s about right for me) :
- Finish SFS in the black
- Complete & FFO the remaining monthly Hello There pieces (Mar-Nov)
- Re-start Shakespeare’s Fairies & complete one fairy
- Work on Tapestry Cat, Fairy Idyll, Arezzo, Four Season of NZ
Mini January Goals:
- Finish Jardin Prive’s Eiffel Quaker COMPLETED
- Mill Hill Golden Tannenbaum for my Small/Christmas All Year Round
- Hello There March (& FFO)
- 341 stitches in Shakespeare’s Fairies for the HP SAL
Hopefully with returning to work/school/other crap I will still feel stitchy most nights & achieve all these goals.