I can’t believe we’re at the month end already. Winter is playing with the senses; the leaves on the trees are hanging on just that little bit longer than last year, and on my drive home they fill up a portion of my emotional bank. I like autumn; I hate winter rain.
Let’s re-visit May’s goals:
- Disney hoop & needle book for new swap – COMPLETED but modified; I ended up making four little people as plastic canvas magnets for my partner’s fridge. She’s also getting a fox-applique zip wallet pattern & a few other goodies. These are my SMALLS choices this month.
- Start Julie’s round robin (if I get a finish, I will start Andromeda!) – STARTED but I also started Andromeda. She’s my travel piece as I didn’t feel I could take Julie’s huge piece of fabric around in the car.
- Finish Mill Hill Believe (about ½ done) – FAILED it’s still in the basket at home. No urge to even do a thread’s worth.
- Finish Emi, my portion of Julie’s round robin (Stitch From Stash “Finish it Up” SAL) – should be easy, I’ve only got the black DMC and the Kreinik bow body to do
- Finish Andromeda – or at least get the conversion nutted out & rock completed
- Work at least one day on MH Believe (Stitch Maynia Whine & WIPs SAL)
Question of the Month – Which designer’s projects do you absolutely love, but are too intimidated to try?
I’d vote for Chatelaines https://chatelaine.de/ by Martina Rosenberg. I’m thinking I might start with one of her Mini Mystery castles – but the pattern alone is nearly $40 NZD plus then I’d have to buy silks or convert. And the specialty stitches!!! I’d be living at Liz’s and I don’t know if she’d like me anymore after that 🙂 They are a huge investment in time and money & the perfectionist in me has trouble with that right now, especially with three kids still at home.
Perhaps I should just finish those TWs I have instead!
2 thoughts on “May WIPocalypse & Smalls”
Your small is very cute, and the round robin piece is so pretty!
It’s finished up beautifully. Witches aren’t my cup of java (we really don’t do Halloween down here) but the colours!