Hello everyone! I hope you’re well. WIPocalypse is the monthly check-in SAL hosted by Measi on her blog, and via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers! Click on the icon to the right to learn more.
- Complete the Year 5 Extra Credit homework (4/11 to go) LEFT ONE TASK INCOMPLETE
- Complete Mermaid of Atlantis stitching (seriously possible if the weekly homework goes my way) NOT QUITE – BUT USED WHERE POSSIBLE
- No Spend! NOPE – SPENT $10.40
- Complete four EC NOPE, just two
- Complete Mermaid of Atlantis (lined up for a few of the monthly Extra Credit) NOPE
- Bead & FFO some Mill Hill ornies NOPE
All up, in August I didn’t stitch as much as in July. We finished the car & I spent a lot of time walking & listening to audio books rather than on my butt. Still happy with what I got done tho.
- Fairy Idyll 231
- Mermaid of Atlantis 435
- Shakespeare’s Fairies 1957
- Tapestry Cat 202
- Stitchrovia Austen Quote 404
- Coffee Quaker 1024
- Jeanette Douglas 2012 Peace 417
- Four Seasons in NZ 247
- The Guardian 565
- Erica Tui (new start) 506
- MH Santa’s Sleighs 500
- Un Ricarmo Per Rinascere 509
- Reindeer Parade 213
That’s over 7410 stitches for the month.
In September I slowed right down (lots of reading & more time with Mum) and got in just over 6000 stitches.
- Fairy Idyll 1353
- Mermaid of Atlantis 868 (just beading to go now)
- Fairy Tales, a new start 3141
- Un Ricarmo Per Rinascere 321
- Sampler House, a new start from Blackbird Designs 607
SFS: In August, I didn’t manage a no spend month (again) but it was just a few DMC & two charts at the Hospice shop. Turned out the person I picked them up for already had them, so if you’re into Paula Vaughan they are up on my @pauladestash IG account. I have ordered the new Mirabilia, Garden Prelude, but the bill hasn’t arrived yet so I can’t count it. With the ornie finish, I’m 30.85 in the black.
And then September turned to custard! I was given some money so went wild – $110.10 in 20 minutes at Ribbon Rose. Oops. Luckily I also sold Lady of the Flag for a reasonable (not eBay enormous) amount to a fellow stitcher, so that kept me in the black, at 26.92.
August Question: What do you have on your stitching bucket list? (for example, specific projects, designers, fibers, etc) I have two Chatelaine designs in my stash – but with a few large Mira’s on my WIP list either is a way away from starting.
September Question: What finishing style have you never tried but would love to do? More hand-finishing – Mase wants this Blackbird Designs stocking ASAP – so that’s on the list to knock off. Plus I’d like to take a framing course next year.
See you next week (hopefully!) or at the least, for the October WIPoclaypse.