Hi everyone! I’m back for the seventh year. It’s the most committed I’ve been to any SAL & I put that down to the pressure free, encouraging environment that Melissa hosts. If you’re a crafter, please join up either on your blog or via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers!
If you’ve not read from my blog before, I’m in my late-40’s, a working mum to four (ranging from 28-13). I am book-mad, often found stitching & listening to podcasts or audiobooks, or training our three kittens. We own our home near the base of Auckland’s Waitakere Ranges & can often be found working on it, walking on the beach or in one of the many beautiful parks Auckland boasts. I’ve been hand stitching since before I was 10, can’t knit an even scarf or crochet to save myself and don’t often pull my machine out, although I did master zippered project bags & bagging out a waistcoat last year.
Stitching-wise, this year I am doing a combination of WIP Warriors 23:23 and Magical Stitches. It’s going to be a bit of a struggle to connect some tasks with a limited list, but I would like to get some things done in 2023 that have been hanging around for a while.
Year Long Goals:
- Complete panels 3 to 6 of Jim Shore’s 12 Days
- FO and FFO A Stitch in Time (Hands On Design via Quilts & More magazine)
- Complete 3 houses in my Mill Hill collage
- FO Hissed Off (Silver Creek)
- FO and frame the Klimt Tree (Nora Corbett’s Patreon)
- FO and frame the Letter P Fairy (Nora Corbett)
- Get to 50% of Cliffhanger (Aimee Stewart/HAED) – currently 24%
- Start Nightingale (new Mirabilia, ordered)
- FO and frame Rogue Dragon (Nora Corbett’s Patreon)
- FO Seas the Day (Hands on Design)
- FO and FFO the Perennial Pinwheels (Hands on Design) – separated to three designs.
- Get to 50% of Strawberry Fields Forever (Blackbird Designs) – currently 8%
- Get to 20% of Tournee du Chat Noir (Lesley Anne Ivory/HAED) – currently 13.96%
I’m starting with just the 15 projects to allow myself some new starts, which I think will keep me more on target. Last year I flittered and fluttered, managing only seven small stand-alone finishes and five full coverage pages. Let’s see how I get on!