I got up early this morning, mostly for coffee & to hustle the Screaming Teen out the door; he was getting picked up at 7am for a day refereeing. I got five or six threads into Fairy Idyll before the rest of the house got moving, then we got stuck into demo.
We learnt a few things.
- Only one of the walls had the proper gib (wallboard).
- The toilet pan was glued to the floor. No screws.
- The cistern wasn’t fixed at all.
- The basin carcass was also glued, not screwed.
- The ammt of glue used to hold down the top wouldn’t fill a bottle lid.
- Surprisingly there was insulation in the outside wall. We had our doubts by the time we got to that one.
I’d forgotten how much I hate demo. And yay! We’ll get to do it all over again with our bath before summer ends.