Hello everyone! This is my sixth year of WIPocalypse. It’s the most committed I’ve been to any SAL & I put that down to the pressure free, encouraging environment that Melissa hosts. If you’re a crafter, please join up either on your blog or via the Facebook group – we welcome all enablers!
If you’ve not read from my blog before, I’m in my mid-40’s, a working mum to four (ranging from 25-10. I am book-mad, often found stitching & listening to podcasts or audiobooks, and I’m working more in my garden than ever before. We own our home near the base of Auckland’s Waitakere Ranges & can often be found working on it (new deck, gardens & a swim spa were added this summer) walking on the beach or in one of the many beautiful parks Auckland boasts. I’ve been hand stitching since before I was 10, can’t knit an even scarf or crochet to save myself and don’t often pull my machine out (not at all in 2019!!).
I didn’t do a December catch-up so here goes:
- Keep up with weekly #magicalstitches homework YES
- Plan January WIPs YES
- No Spend! EH, NO
With Magical Stitches now finished, I stitched 5439 stitched in December, bringing my annual total to 77051 stitches (which I am certainly NOT counting in 2020!). Most of this was on Shakespeares Fairies, as this is my current favourite to work on, and is now about 2/3 complete after 12 months. I finished the year so far in the red for Stitch from Stash that I am a little embarrassed in myself, and have unsubscribed from a number of emails. This is not necessarily a bad thing; we crafters could all do with less time on the electronic things but a bit of a wake up. My One Little Word for this year is “reset” – and I’m applying it to my crafting as well as thinking.
- Complete the first panel of Jim Shore’s 12 Days (new start)
- Complete 500 stitches in Fairy Idyll
- Christmas Ornament FO
- Disney Cloudsfactory item for Aurora FO
Year Long Goals:
- Complete all panels of Jim Shore’s 12 Days
- Complete Fairy Idyll (I bead as I go with this one)
- Complete Mermaid of Atlantis (which honestly is just the beading to go)
- Complete the stitching on Shakespeare’s Fairies
- Complete Tapestry Cat (my oldest WIP).
Let’s see how I get on!