Taken from the 100 Things About Me list that’s available in many places online 🙂 I left the original numbers, just to confuse y’all.
- What is your name? If you haven’t worked this out by now, I feel sorry for you!
6. What is your favourite vegetable? I’d say tomato, but that’s a fruit. Kumera?
8. What is the worst exam result you remember ever getting? C, in sixth form physics. I giggled my way thru the exam (apologies classmates) and am still amazed I passed on about 4 hours sleep that week.
10. Can you swim? Like a fish. Except for the breathing underwater bit. I haven’t mastered that.
13. Who is your favourite comedian? I love Michael McIntyre. And Jimmy Carr. And the writers for Pixar. And Sarah Millican. Sarah Pascoe. More the English style rather than ‘murican, altho Dane Cook can be pretty damn funny too. I don’t like comics who feel the need to explain the joke.
14. Who is your favourite politician? Helen Clark. She rocks, despite not being currently “in politics”.
15. Who is your favourite historical figure (been dead for at least 100 years)? Jane Digby (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Digby for a quick look, but definitely check out Mary S Lovell’s book)
19. Who is your favourite mythological god or goddess? Cassiopeia
- Who is your favourite woman of all time? My MIL Carol. I love her.
21. Do you agree with “An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth”? Nope.
- Do you agree with “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”? Yes
31. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? Happy Feet (Si says the best part was the credits)
32. What is the worst TV show you have ever seen? Any sitcom that gets re-written. LEAVE IT ALONE!
33. What is the worst book you have ever read? I’ve read some shitters lately. Sense & French Ability is the most recent (it IS a book, altho I can see why M might think it’s p*rn. Easy mistake, babe.)
34. What is the worst song you have ever heard? MMM-Bop!!! Apologies if you get an earworm.
35. What is the worst sport you know of? Darts
36. Who is the worst movie “star” ever? Tom Cruise, Ricky Gervaise…
38. Who is the worst author ever? I would give kudos to anyone who finishes writing a book. I may not read it, but kudos anyways
42. If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Scotland
46. If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be? That a minority of the minority seems to be able to rule change.
- If you could change any one thing about international politics, what would it be? Trump winning.
- If you could eat an entire cow at one sitting, would you? Ah no. Hooves? Ick.
51. Have you ever illegally downloaded music/TV shows/movies from the net? What is this, a setup?
53. Have you ever gotten any points on your driving license? No
54. Have you ever stolen anything from a shop? Yes
55. Have you ever bought alcohol or cigarettes while underage? For myself, yes. I started Uni too young. Corrupted.
- What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? Singapore
62. Where have you visited that you would like to go back to? Jenolan, in New South Wales.
63. Where would you like to visit that you haven’t yet? Norway
64. Where is your favourite place in the world? Bethells Beach
68. What is your favourite way to travel? If I can’t get there right now, Instagram and books.
75.What was the last song you listened to? “River Lea”
76. Was it any good? It’s Adele. What more do you need to know?
77. What was the last computer game you played? On my phone – Bloons Tower Defence 5
78. Did you do well? Yes – and ashamedly I’m hooked on those cute monkeys.
89. Do you believe in democracy above all other systems of government? Yes
91. What is your favourite movie? The Labyrinth, close second is The Princess Bride
92. What is your favourite book? The Little White Horse
93. What is your favourite song? Oh, heaps of love but no one single favourite. Recently loving Ed Sheeran’s Nancy Mulligan. Now that’s a love story.
94. What is your favourite city? Auckland, NZ – love coming home
97. Are you glad these questions are almost over? oh yeah
98. What are you going to do next? Count to make sure I’m at 43..
100. Give us a quote to end on…”Let not your heart be troubled” – John 14:27 NKJ
9 thoughts on “Me at 43”
Is this to say it’s time for a big ol’ HAPPY BIRTHDAY? If so, consider yourself happied. 🙂
I’d have a terrible time with some of those questions. *laugh*
I thought so! I even referenced you in one of my answers!
42 perhaps? 🙂
Some of them would just be culturally difficult; I don’t think I’ve ever driven anywhere with a points system on licenses, for example, so…well, no, I’ve never lost any.
Having actually seen Manos: The Hands of Fate, though, I can answer the one about worst movie with great confidence. 😀
hehe. Let me know if you ever master the whole breathing underwater thing, it would be useful!
Fun to read this–and happy birthday!
Thank you! I aimed to amuse 🤔