Whoa. It’s December already! And I have just these two days left at work for all of 2016. I’ve taken a loooong break this year so won’t be back until Jan 9th. And – gasp! – I have some cover. Amazed.
WIPocalypse is hosted by Mel at her blog http://measi.net/measiblog/ 2016 was the fifth year of the SAL, and my second year participating.
Anyway, let’s get into the recap. In January, I had a few plans/goals.
- Keep a separate portion of my diary for stitching goals AND keeping my WIP blog page updated with pics as I rotate. MOSTLY ACHIEVED – I was much better about recording than I was in 2015.
- Mirabilia Mermaids of the Deep. NEARLY COMPLETED – well, the stitching anyway. I had hoped to complete that in 2016 but there’s about 30-35 hours left, and it’s not going on holiday with me.
- Mirabilia Raven Queen. WORKED ON.
- Nora Corbett Cherub with Tree. FINISHED.
- Mirabilia Roses of Provence. DITCHED & FROGGED. I have a different fabric, so planning this for after I finish Persephone. Two Mira skirts would be one too many.
- Nora Corbett Blitzen. WORKED ON
- Mirabilia Persephone. BLITZED GOALS – currently in the middle of stitching the skirt. So far all conversions are working out.
- Nora Corbett Arezzo. DID NOT STITCH
- Semco Toy Story sampler. DID NOT STITCH.
- Teresa Wentzler Tapestry Cat. MINIMAL STITCH TIME.
I also completed a lot of smalls!
- Jan – Chinese year of the Monkey
- Feb – Nora Lily of the Valley RR, Noel mini sampler, Lizzie*Kate Up in the Treetops
- Mar – nil
- April – Hands On Design Plenty
- May – Spring biscornu portion
- June – Mill Hill fireflies kit, Pickle Barrel Noel, Cross Stitcher bunny kit
- July – Mill Hill Holly kit x2, Mill Hill Berry kit x2
- August – nil
- Sept – Mill Hill Saxony Santa kit
- Oct – Mill Hill Lapis kit x2, Mill Hill Merry Christmas Santa
- Nov – Nora Petal Fairy RR
- Dec – Plastic canvas trees
I also got a few “medium” finishes in. Country Cottage’s Afternoon in London, Cloudsfactory’s A Team and Emma Congdon/Stitchrovia Wise Words Tolkien quote.
For all the missed WIPs in the first section, I feel like I achieved a lot.