Theme: Recap your accomplishments for the year!
Way, way back in January 2015 I wrote that I planned to use more embroidery in stitching (uh oh) and would like to make another teddy or two (at least I found the materials and patterns I had stashed recently!). My stitching plans weren’t as fixed:
This year’s WIPs are:
- Teresa Wentzler’s Tapestry Cat SOME WORK DONE
- Mirabilia Stargazer COMPLETED
- Nora Corbett Mediterranean Mermaid COMPLETED
- Nora Corbett Reindeer (I started with Rudolph). I only have five charts more to go…six to buy DIDN’T BUY ANYMORE, RESEARCHED & FOUND OUT SHE’S ONLY CHARTED NINE IN TOTAL. RUDOLPH COMPLETED, BLITZEN STARTED.
I plan to start:
- Nora Corbett Letter C COMPLTED
- Nora Corbett Letter P STILL NEED TO BUY THIS ONE
- Mirabilia Rose of Sharon USED THE FABRIC FOR SOMETHING ELSE
2015 ended up being the year of the Round Robin. I have stitched in 6 Mira pieces and 5 local pieces – and got burned as the person who last stitched mine has gone AWOL and not bothered to return emails, phone messages or facebook messages so that’s really disappointing. Then there was the “friend” who lied repeatedly to me & shook me up.
On the other side of the fence there are some amazing people out there. The stand Andie gave me is so so awesome and really helped me stitch thru carpel tunnel. Others are full of encouragement – Mel (who runs WIPocalypse), Anne (Feather Stiching), Erin (Crossstichery), my fellow Mira RR stitchers, the Instagram bunch and many, many more. Here’s to all of you!
Thank you for following along with my WIPocalypse journey. I hope you’re inspired to jump on in this year!