- Subtitle: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life
- Publisher: Nelson Books
- Subject: 248.843 – women, conduct of life, stress + time management
- Recommended by: library find
- Author blog/website: www.moneysavingmom.com/
Moments for me: Comparison is the thief of Joy.
Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are – Marianne Williamson.
While a lot of the financial tips are United States-centric there’s more to be found in this book from the main blogger at www.moneysavingmom.com
These are the things I took from this book. Yours will be utterly personal to you (as it’s that sort of book) but hopefully you’ll be encouraged to pick this title up from your local library. It’s available on most e formats too.
- Changing attitudes – it’s OK to let routines go when I need to bc I can always impose them later
- Give, give give – time effort or money, the recipient will be blessed.
- Involve others in running the home
- Budget to bring down your big monthly household spends
- Plan to use my wardrobe (this is working out well, I’ve given away 4 tops already)
- Get up 30 min earlier to get peace, time to myself, complete my devotional without interruption
On Sunday Si & I talked about the visa (which is linked to his account so I can’t see the balances). We agreed to take this more seriously and a/p $100 a week to it regardless of the balance (our bank pays interest on positive balances). Load lifted by such a simple action!
Blurb: Calling the super busy, the stressed out, the overtired.
You know you’re made for a more fulfilling life. With this book, you’ll know where to start.
You wake up tired. Your to-do list is too long. The commitments—and the laundry—are piling up, but your energy keeps dwindling. You feel like you’re simply making it through the days, not living or enjoying any part of them.
In Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, you’ll find both practical ideas and big-picture perspective that will inspire you to live life on purpose. As a wife, mother of three, and founder of the wildly successful blog MoneySavingMom.com, Crystal Paine has walked the road from barely surviving to living with intention. With the warmth and candor of a dear friend, she shares what she’s learned along the way, helping you:
- feel healthier and more energetic by setting priorities and boundaries
- eliminate stress with savvy management of your time, money, and home
- get more done by setting realistic goals and embracing discipline
- rediscover your passions—and the confidence to pursue them
Packed with straightforward solutions you’ll use today and inspirational stories you’ll remember for years, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode is a must for any woman who’s ever longed for the freedom to enjoy life, not just survive it.