I did this for Bran & it’s one of my favourite posts. So I thought I would repeat for me, & maybe you’ll learn something new. Maybe I will too.
DISCLAIMER: I stole the questions from a Spark People page. Not Spark as we Kiwis have to put up with tho! There were originally 50 questions, but of course I’ve dropped a few. Awkwardly not answering 41, but I’m such a rebel.
Here are the questions and my answers:
- WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My middle name is a family name – it was my mother’s first name & she never used it, & didn’t like it. So logically she gave it to me!
- WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? Last week in sheer frustration. The office biatch told me I didn’t deserve a cake and the Screaming Teen was, well, screaming. Then the eReader crashed & I stubbed my toes and it was all over Rover.
- DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Because I type so much I do a “sample” write before I do any journaling or write in a card. I think my style is fairly unique so yes, I do like it.
- Not answered – this question was lame!
- DO YOU HAVE KIDS? Just the right number. I didn’t get clucky at pics of the new Princess, no not at all (looks around dodgily)
- Not answered – this question was lame.
- DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Oh yeah – I live with an Englishman and work with a couple. It’s the quick or the dead around here.
- DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes (what kind of question is this?!)
- WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Been there, done that – was bribed!
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I’m still on the hunt. Not bland stuff tho, I like fruit bits.
- DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? If they have laces, but I am most often found in ballet flats.
- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I can be. I can also be very, very stubborn and just not give up.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Much Moore’s Passionfruit Ripple. But I have ice-cream maybe once a fortnight, so not a big fan.
- WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? The way they act towards others.
- RED OR PINK? Red. My only pink thing would be my Women in League T.
- WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I hate photographs. This one is from Anzac Day this year, so at least it’s fairly recent.
- WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? There are more questions I have for my grandparents. I wish I had more time with them.
- Not answered. Related to the Spark site.
- WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black suede ballet flats.
- WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Satsuma mandarins – I go thru these when in season.
- WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? LifeFM radio.
- IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Soft sky blue.
- FAVORITE SMELLS? English gardens – roses, lavender etc.
- WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Jigisha at one of our stores.
- MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Beach house – I love walking along a beach.
- FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Rugby League, which is a good thing.
- HAIR COLOR? Mousy brown. Yuck.
- EYE COLOR? Blue.
- DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? I should do but I find them awkward at work.
- FAVORITE FOOD? Is it too cliché to say “anything I don’t have to prepare or collect myself”?
- SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy happy happy.
- LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Imitation Game. Loved it.
- WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Not. Lame!
- SUMMER OR WINTER? Too limiting!
- HUGS OR KISSES? Both!
- FAVORITE DESSERT? Strawberries when in season.
- STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO? Walking or swimming, that’s as complicated as it gets.
- Not answered – this question was TMI!
- WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? This changes nearly daily!
- WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? A mouse?
- ANY TATTOOS? I am not a follower of fashion so will probably get one as soon as they become passé.
- FAVORITE SOUND? It’s a split between the kids laughing and that moment of blissful silence when everyone else in the house is fast asleep.
- ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Again, too limiting.
- WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME IN 2015? Wellington – the other end of the North Island.
- DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Organisation. Nothing that will overwhelm the Ms World judges, sorry.
- WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Waipukerau, in the Hawkes Bay. Yeah, most peeps drive straight thru. Has a good info centre with clean toilets, however. Hope that was useful for you!
- WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW? Auckland – westie thru & thru (except I don’t own black jeans and I don’t go to the supermarket in my jammies).
- WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE? Ok. Time to stop stalking.
- WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR? White. Like the last one – so after 5 months after we brought the new car, one workmate twigged that it was different. Doh.
- ANY PETS? Just the fish – no cuddles. But we work full time and play hard, so to have a dog right now would be selfish.
3 thoughts on “Me at 41”
I don’t think I much like your co-worker who said you shouldn’t have the cake, of course you should!
Exactly! Did get a citrus cake, but that was to (her words) “celebrate rebeccah’s leaving us”. Truely. Awkward or what?
I love reading these!