Wow, WIPocalypse already! Time just seems to be flowing by. Sometimes I feel like I barely have time to breathe before diving into the next thing & I wish it would all just slow down a little.
Since the last WIPocalypse check-in, I’ve had some wins. Now seems like a good time to go over the May goals:
- Complete Ali’s April prompts for One Little Word FAIL
- Print out the last 10 days before Christmas & journal to complete my December Daily for 2014 FAIL
- Bead the night sky on Stargazer (which is only 4-6 hours at the most!) FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/its-almost-friday-lets-have-a-finish/
- Start & finish the C fairy for framing; it’s the MIL’s birthday in six weeks so this is priority! FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/28/fairy-is-framed/
- Complete my portion on Jacqui’s RR (hoping it’s leaving Scotland today/tomorrow) – second priority FINISHED! https://sewscrapmuse.wordpress.com/2015/05/25/jacquis-rr-is-done/
- Chose & stitch a “Small” for the Smalls SAL EH – Yeah. I listed Jacqui’s fairy as my Small, to take some pressure off
Nice to do’s:
- Finish the stitching & beading on Mediterranean Mermaid DIDN’T PICK HER UP AT ALL
- Sort out what my next big Mira will be STARTED THEN FROGGED ROSE OF SHARON; STARTED PERSEPHONE
So the June goals are:
- Complete Ali’s April & May prompts for One Little Word
- Print out the last 10 days before Christmas & journal to complete my December Daily for 2014
- Complete my portion on Debbie’s RR (mermaids!) which will probably also double as my Small
- Complete the hair portion of Persephone (it’s a lot of confetti, more than I anticipated)
- Layout & complete my portion for the new New Zealand FB XS group RR (only four to a group, fast)
- Complete Med Mermaid’s tail beading
Do you find yourself more productive with stitching in summer or winter? I’m about equal. In the summer I spend more time outdoors doing family stuff but I offset that against stitching while on the road (Si is one of those men, it’s my job to pack lunch/snacks and book the accommodation & find highlights on our route). In the winter there are always at least two nights a week that I don’t even think to pick up a needle due to exhaustion or mucking around with the kids’ training or a really good book. I binge watch recorded TV twice a week (my binges are pitiful, they amount to 2-3 episodes of whatever I’m loving right now) and stitch while watching.
Today is also WIP Wednesday for me. Here’s my new start, Mirabilia’s Persephone. I had started Rose of Sharon, then frogged when I realised that the fabbie wasn’t going to be big enough. It will do for the NZ RR which I’m playing around with now. Thinking Mira (surprise!) with a horizontal layout, four heads divided with a peony tree in the centre. Or four reindeer, but I am stitching these anyway…oh, I don’t know! What do you think?
3 thoughts on “June WIPocalypse and WIP Wednesday”
Great start on Persephone. She is in my stash to do someday. I will enjoy seeing your progress on her. Very intrigued by your surprise RR layout. 4 Mira’s with a peony tree in the middle sounds so sweet! Can’t wait to see what you come up with.
well I changed from the Peony – it’s in today’s post 🙂
Oh, I missed it! I will go check it out now 🙂